Student Services Center

The Student Services Office would like to remind our students and parents that our job is to advocate for students and to encourage success in and after high school.  We would like to encourage parents to:

  • Contact the teacher first with concerns about assignments, grades, or student progress

  • Ask teachers for specific feedback and to offer specific recommendations

  • Seek additional help from teachers before or after school

  • Contact counselors when questions arise

Local Mental Health Referral Information

Picture of street sign saying "Student Services"


Plainwell High School
684 Starr Road | Plainwell, MI 49080
Telephone: 269.685.9554

Our Staff

(Open link to see staff photos)

Emily Johnson, Counselor

Jessica Hembree, Counselor

Brandy Wheeler, College Adviser

Sue Gower, Student Services Coordinator

Susan Johnson, Registrar

Scott Glass, Social Worker Use this link to make an appointment to see Mr. Glass (use your student email):

Laura Myers, Pine Rest Therapist (Part-time through referral only)

Schedule Change Form

Schedule change request form for 2022-23 school year (form accepts responses only from Plainwell student emails): 

Please note- no schedule changes are allowed after a trimester has begun.
The following changes are not allowed under any circumstances: teacher requests, lunch changes, a different order of classes to be with friends, etc.

You MUST watch your school email for a response from your counselor. Make sure to fill this form out with as much detail as possible. 

College Information

Each fall, we invite several colleges and universities to visit Plainwell High School to talk to interested Juniors and Seniors. Check your emailed Daily Announcements in the fall for details so you can participate. 

Other opportunities to pursue:  

General Information

AP Testing Student Information

  • Please check back for more information for Spring 2023

College Board

  • The College Board houses PSAT, SAT, and AP scores. Student accounts are self-created. Plainwell does not have access to the usernames or passwords. Students must contact the College Board if there are any account issues. The website is here:

Common Application

  • Many colleges require the Common App for college applications. The website is :

Community Service

Course Information

Dual Enrollment Information

Early College Allegan County (ECAC) Extra year of high school but graduate with an Associates Degree!  Apply in 10th Grade.

Earning High School Credit in Middle School

Letter of Recommendations

  1. To request a letter of recommendation- first contact the recommender and ask permission.

  2. Please complete this form:

  3. Contact the recommenders and let them know you have completed the form. 

    • Make sure you plan ahead and give at least two weeks notice. 

Meeting the Michigan Merit Curriculum Requirement


Online Courses Contact Student Services for more information about online courses.

PALS (Peer Assistant Leaders)

Transcript Requests